20th ANNUAL DAVID RICE MEMORIAL ANGEL RUN & WALK Virtual
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Keep up with new prizes, challenges, and update through our Facebook Event page here.
5K VIRTUAL RACE – $35.00
1. Sign up
- Early Registration through April 9th – $30.00
- April 10th through April 24th – $35.00 (online registration closes at 11:59pm)
- *After April 10th, we cannot guarantee new registrants that registration packets will be received by April 24th dependent on the postal service. We encourage you to still participate by April 24th with or without your packet. **After April 10th, T-shirt sizes cannot be guaranteed for new registrants.
2. Complete the Distance
Walk, run, or jog the 3.1 miles anytime by the end of April 24th. Pick a route near you or jump on a treadmill – anywhere you are comfortable. Race at your own pace!
3. Share your results
Join the online Angel Run & Walk community by posting a finisher photo and sharing your results with us on social media by the end of April 24th. Don’t forget to tag us @LAHOLYANGELS and #IRunForAngels to be entered in the giveaway.
You can register and order the annual Angel Run & Walk t-shirt to support our mission without walking. Share a photo in your shirt with us!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS
You can still win prizes! Keep up with @LAHOLYANGELS on social media for additional giveaways, contests, and sales.
- #IRunForAngels Giveaway – Share your Angel Run & Walk photos by the end of April 24th with the tag #IRunForAngels and
- be entered to win a bag full of items from the AngelWorks Gift Shop.
- Highest Team Fundraising Amount – The most money raised by a team. Must be submitted by the end of April 24th. Only cash, checks, and online donations received by then will count toward the Highest Fundraising Team Award. Donations after that time are still very much appreciated!
- Favorite Creative Costume – Will be determined by Holy Angels’ resident votes. Please submit a photo to email@example.com by the end of April 24th.
- Largest Team Size – Most people registered for a team by the end of April 24th.
- Oldest Registered Runner
- Youngest Registered Runner
- Registered Runner Furthest from Holy Angels
PACKET PICK-UP AT SPORTSPECTRUM OR SHIPPING UPDATES
If you would like to help us reduce mailing costs and can pick up at Sportspectrum, 6970 Fern Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71105 please click that option in your registration. You may pick up during these times:
- Thursday, April 15 between 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 16 – Saturday, April 24 between 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 18 between 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you choose to have yours mailed, mailing packets will begin on April 12th. Please note if you register after packet pick up begins on April 15th, your t-shirt will be mailed to you AFTER April 24th.
Looking for more mileage? Step up your game or get together with your team to complete the Holy Angels Challenge!
- 6.4 Miles – the ‘Holy Angels Campus’ Distance Challenge
- Did you know Holy Angels is nestled under the piney trees of 64 acres in Southeast Shreveport? The land was donated by 3 families: The O’Briens, The Pollards, and The Gilsters.
- 13 Miles – the ‘Group Home’ Distance Challenge
- Holy Angels has 13 group homes located on-campus and off-campus where residents call home.
- 19.65 Miles – the ‘Founding Year’ Distance Challenge
- Holy Angels was founded in 1965 by Bishop Charles Greco.
In 2002, the Rice family and friends helped host the very first Angel Run to honor their son, David, who lived at Holy Angels for sixteen years until he passed away in 2001.
“The Angel Run has not only been a special way to remember our son but is a way to pay back Holy Angels for the love and care he received,” says Barbara Rice, David’s mother.
Stay tuned and follow us @laholyangels on Facebook and Instagram for updates on who will be there this year! For more information about sponsorships, volunteering, or the upcoming race please email our Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.